I thought it would be fun to share 10 facts about Lance’s and my relationship since today marks exactly 4 months until we get married! How crazy in just 4 short months I’ll be Mrs. Leclair 😉 Lance and I have been dating for almost 2 years. We met in July 2016. (I’m sharing more on how we met below!) I love telling you guys about Lance and me. It’s a fun way for you to get to know us, and I’m excited to tell you all about our wedding updates which is coming to the blog soon! Make sure to check out the pics of us when we first began dating and all the details about our relationship below!
1. The craziest thing about Lance and me is that we are both twins. Lance has a twin brother, Chad, and I have a twin sister, Emily. Lance and I stayed in the area, and Chad and Emily both moved away after college. People joke that when we have kids we’ll have twins, but Lance and I are 99% certain we won’t. (It skips a generation!)
2. Lance and I met on Match.com. I NEVER thought a relationship would last meeting on a dating website. It’s funny how in today’s age online dating is the becoming the norm. When Lance and I started talking on Match, we realized we had mutual friends. Lance and I both asked our mutual friends about each other before our first date!
3. We both love the outdoors. Some of our favorite things to do together are kayaking, hiking, camping, gardening, going to the farmers market, skiing, and snowshoeing. We a love a good night at home too. One of our favorite things to do at home is cook. (Well me more than Lance, lol!) It’s fun because Lance is somewhat a picky eater, but he’s definitely trying things he thinks he doesn’t like more and more. Just don’t ask him about the one time we went on a sushi date.
4. We can never decide on a movie we both want to watch, but can always decide on a TV series on Netflix. Some of our favorites are The 100, Riverdale, The Ranch, Longmire, Stranger Things and Orange is the New Black.
5. Our first vacation together was to Cape Cod. Lance proposed while we were on vacation in Martha’s Vineyard!
6. Before we moved in together, Lance and I only lived 1 town apart. Funny how we live in a small town where we think we know everyone, but we had never even heard of each other.
7. I used to work at Ben and Jerry’s and apparently Lance came in all the time. He always teases me that I never noticed him, but the line was always halfway down the street, so I never could look up long enough from scooping ice cream! We also were at the local farmers market on the same day (only a few days before we met) and have mutual friends, yet it still took online dating to meet!
8. We are both obsessed with ice cream! I never knew a person who loved it just as much as I do (well besides my twin sister) until I met Lance.
9. Lance makes me laugh every day, and he’s also the happiest morning person I know. Win/win!
10. One year Lance and I went to Oktorfest at Whiteface Mountain. They had vendors set up, and while Lance and I were walking through the palm reader vendor asked if I wanted my hand read. I said sure, and she told me I am with the person who I’m supposed to be with. I knew that even before she told me, but to this day I look back and think how right she was. She also told me we will have 2 kids. We’ll see! At least she got half right (for now)!